Inter-seta transfer (IST)
This is the process of transferring a company from one SETA to another. Such a transfer may be done under any of the following circumstances:
- If the company has been incorrectly registered and the main business activity is not aligned with the industrial scope of the SETA.
- If the main business of the company has changed since its previous registration with SARS, which now allows it to better suit the industrial scope of a different SETA.
- If the employer falls within the jurisdiction of more than one SETA and the employer’s application to transfer to a new SETA is motivated by:
- Workforce composition
- Remuneration amounts paid or payable to different employee categories
- Training requirements of different employee categories
How to transfer from another SETA to SASSETA:
- An IST 01 form must be submitted to their current SETA.
How to transfer from SASSETA to another SETA:
- The IST 01 form must be submitted to SASSETA.
- The new SETA must approve the application and forward the signed application to the Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET).
- DHET will then verify the request and submit the form to the South African Revenue Services (SARS) who will process the change.
Important conditions to note:
- Please note that this process can sometimes prove to be time-consuming.
- If the application is declined by the relevant SETA, an organisation can dispute this with the SETA in question.
- Should the transfer remain delayed, it can be escalated to DHET.
- Although the new SETA will facilitate this process, it cannot be held responsible for delayed changes and associated inconveniences.
- Each organisation bears the responsibility to ensure their registration with the correct SETA and to monitor the process, ensuring that it is completed.