Back to FAQ's
What criteria should the applicant adhere to when requesting Extension of Accreditation as its primary SETA?
You need to submit to SASSETA a written application, set out on your official company letterhead providing you comply with the following criteria:
- You are an Accredited SASSETA ETQA training provider
- The unit standards for which you are requesting extension must be registered on the National Qualifications Framework
- The criteria that you, the provider adheres to in terms of its accreditation status applies to the extension of accreditation as well
- The unit standards for which accreditation is sought must be verified by assessors and moderators registered with the SASSETA ETQA. Proof of SASSETA registration must be submitted, or a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with Assessors and moderators who are registered for the unit standards or Qualification you are applying for must be provided
- Registered assessors and moderators must apply for an extension of scope to their registration for the unit standards /qualification that they wish to assess.
- You need to submit to SASSETA a written application for extension of scope which needs to be set out on an official company letterhead. You need to provide:
- Registered name of the provider organization
- Accreditation number issued by the SASSETA ETQA
- Titles and SAQA identity numbers of the unit standards for which the applicant wants extension of accreditation
- An undertaking to the effect that the same quality management system, its related policies and conditions as in the original accreditation application shall apply to the area of extension once the extension has been endorsed by the SASSETA ETQA.
Contact Person regarding extension of Scope as a training provider:
If I have developed my own learning material against SAQA registered unit standards / Qualifications that fall within the SASSETA primary focus what should I do to get it approved?
Circumstances may differ as per request (Other Seta accreditation) (Unstructured header)
The provider must be have SASSETA accreditation and need to
- Complete the SASSETA Accreditation Program Evaluation Form.
- Submit a list of SASSETA registered assessors / moderators against the unit standards being applied for.
- Submit an MOU for SASSETA registered assessors / moderators against the unit standards being applied for.
- Submit completed material that comprises of:
- Learner Guide
- Facilitator Guide
- Learner Workbook
- Assessor Guide
- Program Matrix
- Formative and summative assessments.
- Memorandum for assessments.
Contact Person regarding extension of Scope with regards to learning programs :
Back to FAQ's